Friday, July 29, 2011

Favorite Film Friday #1: Penelope

FFF#1
Yay! It's Friday! All Rebecca Black references aside, since they'll only be relevant for another 10 minutes.
For the inaugural Favorite Film Friday post (it comes with it's very own acronym, FFF. Catchy, non?) I'm choosing the movie I have seen the most (in recent years, not accumulatively.)


 
This is a movie I can pop into my DVD player and listen to while I work on other things because I know it so well. Basically a movie must fill at least on of the following two categories to even be considered entrance into my favorites club. Yes, I like to think of my DVD's as people and my love as some sort of really ritzy country club. Pretty and or smart are my criteria’s. This movie is definitely pretty, and I think it is a genuinely good story as well.  if I could I would hop in to it a la Mary Poppins. To further illustrate just how big of an impact this movie has made on my life, whenever I see a picture of/movie with Christina Ricci (besides Penelope) I get very confused because her nose is wrong. Have I adequately explained how much I love this movie? I promise I won't gush as much about future titles*. 









All of the supporting actors are fantastic. Peter Dinklage, Catherine O'Hara, Reese Witherspoon, Simon Woods, Paul Herbert, and Russell Brand has a tiny cameo! As does Burn Gorman (Owen from Torchwood) Oh, did I mention James McAvoy? James McAvoy. I want to marry Max (his character in the movie)
It's a really sweet story. A bit of a coming of age, a bit of a rom-com-ish, a bit girl power, wrapped up in a lovely fairy tale sweater.











Until next week!
Madeline
*That is a promise I have no intention of keeping

No comments:

Post a Comment