Monday, February 7, 2011

My Foray Into Sculpting

I meant to post these pictures a long time ago, but you know me... I... Um.. I'm not punctual?  I don't know exactly what to call delayed blogging.
Anyways, I did a clay workshop last month and this is the person I made!


Her name is Triska and she is a Witch-In-Training who works in a book shop in New York City.  She uses spells to fix old clothes she finds in thrift stores & vintage shops... As you can see, her magic isn't very strong. 
This is Triska's familiar, Woody (yes... he's named after Mr.Allen.)



I had so much fun during this class.  The only experience with clay that I had had was a one night class in an introduction to art type thing about five years ago.  Pretty much everyone else in the class were water colorists, art teachers and one craftsman... So I felt very inadequate.  It turned out to be tons of fun and my teacher was fantastic.



Once she's been fired and I paint her I'll post more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment