Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things I Read In 2011

Last year, I started keeping a list of all the books I read cover to cover. As we all know, I have a bad habit of reading books cover to... Somewhere in the middle.
List:
  • Anna & The French Kiss
  • Nightshade
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
  • Hex Hall
  • Demonglass
  • Dream Factory
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • Beautiful Darkness
  • My Story (Marilyn Monroe's unfinished autobiography)
  • An Off Year
  • Into The Wild Nerd Yonder
  • Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List
  • Death By Chick Lit
  • Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero
  • Unearthly
  • Wings
  • Dead Is Not An Option
  • The Nine Lives of Chloe King: The Fallen
  • Forever
  • Miss Peregrine's School For Peculiar Children
  • Dean and Me: A Love Story
  • Anna Dressed in Blood
  • Hector and the Search for Happiness
  • How To Not Be Popular
  • Spells
  • Weetzie Bat
  • The Name of the Star
  • Witch Baby
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door
  • I Was A Teenage Fairy 

It's odd, some of those books, I feel like I read them ages ago, they've already soaked into my day to day so much. The list also seems so short. I think part of that is because I started so many books last year, but since I didn't finish them, they didn't make the list. I also really didn't have a lot of time to read. I was working and playing and knitting and many other things that took me away from books. I'm going to try to not let that happen this year.
I think the books that made the biggest impact on me were these,

Stephanie Perkins is my new favorite and Weetzie Bat. Wow. I feel like if I was a writer, I would write sort of like Francesca Lia Block. Or, I'd want to write like her. I've wanted to read Dean & Me for a long time, but I was worried it would ruin Martin & Lewis for me, but it only made me love them more.
Ok, Darlings... Dishes are calling for me. Honestly, at their age, you'd think they'd know how to bathe themselves!
G'night,
Madeline

2 comments: