Friday, April 16, 2010

Fairy Tales

Have I ever mentioned that I love Fairy Tales? Because I do. I love Fairy Tales. A lot. I love them especially at this moment and have been filling my life with things of the sort.
I watched "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" yesterday. It wasn't raining when I started it, but it started pouring during the last 30 minutes of the film! It was fantastic! Umbrellas isn't technically a fairy tale, but it is sooo pretty and colorful and since all the dialogue is sung, it is about as close as you can get.
Another film I am very excited about is "Peau D'Ane" (a.k.a Donkeyskin) which is another film by Jacques Demy and starring Catherine Deneuve and this one is a bonafide Fairy Tale! It is based on the fairy tale of the same name by Charles Perrault.
I haven't seen it yet, but I am going to! Very soon! Once I do there is a very good chance I will come around here and gush about it.

Until then,
Still Pixilated

images via weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment